Monday, March 10, 2014

Announcing!!!

Drum Roll please:

I have a big announcement to make!
NO, I’m not pregnant. I’m sure many of you were hoping for the opposite, but sorry folks- cute Brown babies are on a wait list. So, please regroup your thoughts, and when you’re ready, continue on reading.

And the Announcement is:
 I am launching my own website as a Christian speaker for women of all ages.

Wait. What? 
Please allow me to explain…

Years ago, while in college, one of my mentors asked me what my dream job was. That day was the first time I told someone my dream, the dream of being a Christian speaker for women of all ages. It seemed so impossible, and yet, God had given me a passion for teaching, and so I told my mentor that afternoon: “I want to use that gift to help spread God’s truth to women all over. I want to be a speaker.”

When I became a Girls Minister, I was able to live out part of that dream every day. But the other part of my dream job still existed, and I hoped and prayed it would come to fulfillment one day.

Recently, God has been stirring my heart to begin pursuing the other half of that dream. This has been something that has been prayed over by Aaron and I, along with several close friends and mentors (To clarify, in case anyone was confused, no I’m not leaving Sagemont, this is in addition to my ministry with the Sagemont Girls.)

Initially when God started impressing on my heart that now was the time to pursue the other half of my dream, I pushed it away thinking, I can’t pursue that dream yet. That’s not really achievable.

And then through conversations with my husband, and time spent in the Word of God, I began to be convicted. I teach my girls that nothing is impossible with God and that their youth is something that God can and will use if they will let him. Yet, when I was faced with pursuing an “impossible” dream before I even turn 30, that seemed like a whole different scenario.  It’s not that God couldn’t open the door, I was just convinced, He wasn’t going to.

Well that was dumb. Don’t convince yourself what God will and won’t do. You end up looking like the fool.  God’s plans are not our plans, neither are His ways our ways. So many times, I referenced that verse when I was faced with a disappointment, but this year, God challenged me to believe that verse when faced with a potential excitement!! God might be dreaming something bigger than I had allowed myself to at this moment in my life.

So, as my husband so eloquently put it:
“I began to allow myself to dream again.” 
To believe that dreams don’t end after college. Nor with your first job in your chosen career path. Nor with your age- whatever it might be.

So, as scary as it could be. As exciting as I hope it to be, I am allowing myself to dream again. To follow the path that God is opening doors for, and to see what He would like to do with me as I walk through them.


This is honestly hard for me to ask of you, but please visit my website, and then, share this blog, or my websites with friends and family, with pastors or youth pastors, or anyone who might be interested in a Women’s or Girls’ Speaker. I don’t know which door God might open, but it might be through one of your friends or churches.



Thank you all for being so faithful and supportive. This blog and the support you have given me has been part of the encouragement I needed to take the next step.

But allow me to encourage you-
Allow YOURSELF to dream again. What have you pushed aside as impossible? As too early or too late?

But, is it really?


2 comments:

  1. Holly, I saw that in you the very first time you came to speak to our girls at Sagemont. And I thought how blessed we were to get someone of your ability to lead our girls. Follow your dream, for it looks like it is a dream God gave you and for which He has abundantly equipped you. Psalm 37:4

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO EXCITED to see you follow your dream and trusting God to fulfill the "impossible" for you. By the way I love your husbands quote. I do feel we as adults forget what to dream is.

    ReplyDelete