Thursday, September 18, 2014

20 surprise lessons

Some things you expect to learn. Some things you don't.

  
1.    I am learning that learning never ends.
       2.    … that puppies are not logical.
   3.    … that changing me is a whole lot harder than changing him.

       4.    … some people will always know everything... 

and it's not worth bursting their bubble.   


5.    …  that if you’re not careful, you’ll cook the same meal
every night 
with a different side.
      6.    that men don’t speak our language.  At all.

   7.    that self-discipline is NOT as fun as laziness. But IS more rewarding.

       




 9.          that cleanliness is subjective.
       10.  that biting my tongue is much more difficult than 
speaking my mind.


11.     that praying through a difficulty is more
 powerful
than talking through it.

12.  that whoever said “You’ll love eating healthy once you get used to it!” should be put in a padded room and strait-jacket.
13.     … that finding things to be thankful for on those “just curl up and cry” days is necessary but oh-so challenging.


   14.     that to a puppy- my feet exist to be chew toys or pillows-  depending on her mood.
  15.  that my reaction to others’ strengths and weaknesses is my responsibility.

  16.     that friendship is worth chasing.
  17.     that wearing high heels everyday might look great but is
  
insanity defined.

18.     that admitting weakness is possible. And helpful.
19.     to change.
20.     that chocolate chip cookies are the greatest peace offering ever given. For real- try it out.

But the greatest thing that I am learning is that the Great I AM is the one always doing the teaching. 

No comments:

Post a Comment