Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Catch-up Tuesday! 5 Ways I know I'm in Houston...


Once again- I’m playing catch-up, but like everyone else in Houston, I’m going to blame the weather!

If you haven’t heard, Houston got a Winter Weather Advisory!

Which brings me to today’s blog…
5 ways I know I’m in Houston.

 

5. Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter is overrun with the word “snow” followed with explanation points in the newsfeeds.

 4. A news broadcast aired a segment on “Frozen Fountains Downtown and interviewed Houston residents on what they thought and felt about the fountains having icicles on them…. Can’t even make that up…

3. The “snowmen” that are being made are about the size of my hand.

However, in our defense, there’s not much to work with, and I’m extremely impressed by the detailed faces of snowmen in miniature size. The accomplishment truly is a work of art… on a face so very small.

2. Someone wrapped their bush in a comforterlike from a bed… literally buckled to the bush to make sure it didn’t fall off.

I guess the sheet wasn’t going to be heavy enough to keep the bush from freezing… in the 28 degree weather.

1. Kids waited outside with their coats on for hours waiting for snow to start falling… with parental blessing.

 

But you know, even though it’s amusing to someone who grew up with seeing snow, it’s also fun. Simple things like snowfall and snowmen can still bring smiles to people’s faces.  (Especially if you’re watching from inside!)

So Houston, let’s enjoy this snow and this cold…after all, it will be 70 by Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment